Monday, June 01, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Butter!

While surfing around and avoiding doing my chores today, I found this:

"And why would I be so insistent that you eat butter? Take a look at the long list of the benefits you receive when you include it in your diet:

  1. Butter is rich in the most easily absorbable form of Vitamin A necessary for thyroid and adrenal health.
  2. Contains lauric acid, important in treating fungal infections and candida.
  3. Contains lecithin, essential for cholesterol metabolism.
  4. Contains anti-oxidants that protect against free radical damage.
  5. Has anti-oxidants that protect against weakening arteries.
  6. Is a great source of Vitamins E and K.
  7. Is a very rich source of the vital mineral selenium.
  8. Saturated fats in butter have strong anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties.
  9. Butter contains conjugated linoleic acid, which is a potent anti-cancer agent, muscle builder, and immunity booster
  10. Vitamin D found in butter is essential to absorption of calcium.
  11. Protects against tooth decay.
  12. Is your only source of an anti-stiffness factor, which protects against calcification of the joints.
  13. Anti-stiffness factor in butter also prevents hardening of the arteries, cataracts, and calcification of the pineal gland.
  14. Is a source of Activator X, which helps your body absorb minerals.
  15. Is a source of iodine in highly absorbable form.
  16. May promote fertility in women.
  17. Is a source of quick energy, and is not stored in our bodies adipose tissue.
  18. Cholesterol found in butterfat is essential to children's brain and nervous system development.
  19. Contains Arachidonic Acid (AA) which plays a role in brain function and is a vital component of cell membranes.
  20. Protects against gastrointestinal infections in the very young or the elderly."
Information Acquired from: http://www.bodyecology.com/07/07/05/benefits_of_real_butter.php

There is quite a bit more information on the website. However, I know nothing of their diet or products and am not endorsing them in any way. The information was just cool.

3 thoughts:

MJ said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! I was trying to find an email button on your page but didn't see one so I hope you see this comment!

I think it's great that you will be carrying on the "Grandma's Cinnamon Roll" tradition.

I look forward to seeing your blog more often!

Take care,
MJ
Yellow Beach Dog

Rhonda Jean said...

Hi Granola Girl. I have just found your blog after your comment on mine and I really like what I see. I'm supposed to be writing at the moment so I've added you to my bloglines and look forward to a proper read later.

BTW, I am a butter girl from way back. To my knowledge, I've never eaten margarine.

Back soon, RJ

said...

Thank you so much for your approval! Coming from someone who is much more hardcore than we are, (and has an incredible blog about it) that means a lot. It has only been a year of simplifying for us, but we are progressing steady and sure.

I understand about the writing. As much as I love it, there always seems to be something to keep me procrastinating :)

Post a Comment